Tuesday 11 October 2011

5. Gary Trousdale & Kirk Wise - Beauty and the Beast (1991)


Beauty and the Beast trailer


Beauty and the Beast have to be my all time favourite Disney film. I grew up as a child watching all sorts of Disney films from the adventurous films such as The Fox and the Hound and Oliver and Company to the fairy-tale heartfelt films such as The Little Mermaid and Cinderella, through out me watching all these Disney films Beauty and the Beast has remained my all time favourite.
Everyone is familiar to this film and if you're not then you don't know what you are missing. Whether you like fairy tales or not, this film is for everyone but most of all it is a family film.
The reason why I have placed this as my number 1, is because I have grown up with this film, although it was released 2 years before I was born, this will always remain one of my favourite films. til this day I still watch it. I don't remember clearly when I first watched it but I know I fell in love with it and the whole concept of all the classical Disney films. When I was younger my favourite shop was the Disney Store which obviously had back then all the classical Disney "souvenirs", unlike now they mostly sell 21st century film "souvenirs" which are mainly made by Pixar but also they sell a small collection of the classics. When I was younger I remember my mum buying me the Disney princess dresses which also included the yellow dress Belle wore when famously dancing with the Beast, along with that a pair of clear glittery heels with a picture of Belle on the front, to this day I still have the dresses that are now hanging up in my wardrobe. I don't think I could ever sell them or get rid of them because they are my childhood and I love them, even if they don't fit me.

I have many Disney related memories, back when I lived in the Midlands I shared a bedroom with my parents but had a little corner where I had my bed and above my bed were my Disney films and books stacked neatly amongst other films and books. I remember coming home one day from school/nursery and my mum had painted one wall in my little corner a painting of Beauty and the Beast and next to it was The Little Mermaid. Another memory I have is actually going to Disneyland Paris where I never got to meet Belle and the Beast but remember my mum disappearing off to meet them and never took me with her, which to this day she will tell me differently, just to prove me wrong.
I have many memories surrounding Disney and it's films mainly when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment